Foodservice Apprenticeship Program
Take your basic foodservice skills, passion and dedication and rise to the next level as a server, bartender, lead cook or coffee shop lead. If you are looking to advance in your career, plan your course in our paid Foodservice Apprenticeship Program. The program is endorsed by the Washington Hospitality Association.
They are pretty simple:
- Low income
- 18+ years of age
- Historical barrier(s) to employment advancement
- Stable in housing and support systems
- At least six months of work experience in the foodservice industry
- Interest in enhancing your professional foodservice skills and career advancement
Here's how we will support you
We are on your team every step of the way.
- Assigned one-on-one career specialist as your coach
- Support in developing your career plan
- Help finding a job and support in advancing your career
- Program is free of charge (and you get paid)
- Bus pass
Here's what you will get
A paid apprenticeship program designed to support your advancement in the foodservice industry. We will work with you to assess where you are, understand your goals and identify what skills you will need to advance your foodservice career.
- 10 - 24 weeks on-the-job paid training
- Individual apprenticeship plan
- Work side-by-side with industry professionals
- "Hands-on" experience working in real restaurants
- Increasing responsibility and skill development
- Resume and interview skills
- Professionalism, teamwork and leadership development
- Coaching for career advancement
- Assistance looking for a job and support services after you get a job
Here's what you have to do
Commit to the Foodservice Apprenticeship Program as a step in your professional career. Set goals and work with us to create a plan to achieve the necessary skills and experience for advancement. Commit to your potential and we will be with you every step of the way.